Skip to the content
- rotate your user agent from a pool of well-known ones from browsers (google around to get a list of them)
- use download delays (2 or higher).
- if possible, use Google cache to fetch pages, instead of hitting the sites directly
- use a pool of rotating IPs. For example, the free Tor project or paid services like ProxyMesh. An open source alternative is scrapoxy, a super proxy that you can attach your own proxies to.
- use a highly distributed downloader that circumvents bans internally, so you can just focus on parsing clean pages.